Need v-drive oil pan advice

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Ok, so just dropped my boat in the water for a test run after a new motor build and observed some strange oil pressure behavior. I think I have it narrowed down to the oil pan, so cut to the chase, what are the best oil pan options for a v-drive for a bbc?



i used a summit G3607 pan for my build, which is an 11 quart marine pan. When the motor runs on the stand everything checks out good. When I run rev in the boat out I. The water, everything is good. When I am under power though, my oil pressure drops from 75 down to about 5. Obviously I kill the throttle at this point and the pressure jumps back up to 75. I put on a mechanical gauge, so I know this is actual behavior.



My dipstick did did not show all the way to the 'full' so I added another 2 quarts (13 total now), and the oil pressure on the throttle only dropped from 75 to 15, but I noticed this was only happening when the boat was coming up on plane. If I gingered the throttle and held the nose down while accelerating once I was on plane the oil pressure was steady at 75.



My my best guess is that my pan is set up for a sears drive with the trap doors pointing the wrong way! I never saw this kind of problem with my old auto-motive style 5 quart pan, and I thought I was over-building with a 11 quart pan. Go figure.



I'm tire of fucking around, so suggestions are welcome on what I should go with.... Want to make NYE at Camp Far West this year!





Need v-drive oil pan advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire