New shop layout/ input

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

OK, so many of you know my old shop burned in 2014. It's just a "hobby shop"... I do it to support my boat racing and broad chasing habit. I am finally working on putting it back together.

So, I am looking for input on stuff.

I have a 32 x 50 "storage" area... garage door enters there. Heated, no ac.

The shop area is 40 x 50. There will be a sliding door between the two sections as shop will be 68 to 72 in the winter, and 75 to 78 in the summer. Storage area will just be 45 ish in winter and ???? in summer.



So, I was thinking a 10' wide sliding door. All of the equipment will easily fit through there. Maybe an 8' slider?Spray washer and air compressors will be in "storage area", for heat purposes, and noise purposes. What cha think?



Lighting... I have no idea whether T5, or T8??? I have an 11' ceiling height, so low bay lighting. Walls are white, ceiling is white, floor is light gray. Ideas?

I had 8' T12 fixtures in old shop It was tons of light... it is also old technology.



Thanks

Wags



Equipment:

sunnen align hone, cylinder hone, rod hone, centerless valve grinder, seat and guide machine

rottler boring bar

storm vulcan 85b resurfacer.... carbide insert cutter, variable speed

jet lathe and mill

miller mig welder, tig welder, plasma cutter

superflow 901 dyno



Thats the major stuff.... lots of fab stuff like sheet metal brake, shear, roll, ..

So, I will be workin on layout soon!

Thanks again!





New shop layout/ input

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire