V-drive newbie, need help with prop and gear selection

mercredi 21 janvier 2015

I'll make this as short as possible. Bought a running 18' Rayson Craft with a 427ci motor, Casale split, and a 11-1/2 LH 14 prop. The boat went (with previous owner) 86 on his phone gps...not sure of RPM though (tach didn't work). The first time I took it out it broke a lifter after about 10 mins of me farting around. The previous owner said it liked to porpose at around 70, then smooth out after that. I have no way to know what gears are in the drive. They estimated the 427 made around 475hp.



My question may be a bit too broad.... but I don't know where to start, so here goes. The new motor I am building will make 800+hp at around 7500rpm. Should I run this prop and get some data before trying to change anything? I am guessing the current prop will be too small? I guess what I am asking is for some direction from the v-drive gurus. I did just replace the stuffing box with a D21 bearing deal to get rid of the rope seal.



My usage would be typical river running with occasional drag race to 660'....more like grudge racing. I am a drag racer at heart, so that is my wheelhouse...but I have never drag raced boats. Anything you guys could tell me would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I am in Texas if that matters.



I'd like to get in the ball park before actual testing. I know with our race cars, we could get fairly close on a particular combination, then test for a few weeks and have to fairly lined out. Just not sure if I am starting in the wrong ball park:)Unsure





V-drive newbie, need help with prop and gear selection

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire