My Split Deck Mandella aka The Ugly Duckling

jeudi 20 novembre 2014

I ended up with this 21' Mandella after some horse trading (no horses involved). It had some interesting history and some real nice hardware in her. Also came with a 1968 435hp aluminum headed 427ci motor. It was supposed to be a turnkey boat, if there is such a thing. Needless to say there were issues that I failed to pick up on. Totally my fault for not doing better due diligence. Motor had a blown head gasket, so I pulled the heads and several of the head studs pulled out. It had sat for a long time with water in it and the studs rusted. Turns out a fella restoring an old Corvette race car wanted this motor more than I did and even in its current shape so he bought it. It netted me enough money to buy another motor. I found a nicely built 468 that was in a friends Sanger jet. It was freshened up and was pretty much ready to go. I had to make some changes along the way but shes coming together real nice. I'm currently running some OT exhaust but plan on getting some jacket tube headers soon.



I want to say thank you to RaceRick for all his help, knowledge, and patience he's provided me, I wouldn't be this far along without him. He's also introduced me to some exceptionally cool people, Leadfoot Wayne, Redjet Mike, and Ryan and his dad.



Here's some pics.



Day I brought it home





The original 427 engine





New motor going in





New motor in





Opps this exhaust wont work......







Out with Rick and the guys testing. Ryan and his dads Canyon Runner is the red boat, Wayne's work of art DiMarco on the end















Needed a new carb.....Thanks Mike!





My buddy Jack and his pops dialing in the carb





Satisfaction






My Split Deck Mandella aka The Ugly Duckling

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire