[Question] Seeking Input On Proposed Sereo System

dimanche 21 décembre 2014

Greetings folks,



Newbie to this forum, but not new to forums/boating, etc.



I would like feedback on a stereo for my boat. ANY and ALL feedback is extremely appreciated!



20' Aluminum Thunderjet Lake Havasu model, 350 cu AT SD-309 jet (through transom exhaust)



Amps:

(1) Wet Sounds HT-6 amp powering 6 channels at 110 watts RMS each at 4 Ohms.

(1) Wet Sounds HT-1 600 mono split - so 300 watts RMS each for 2 channels at 2 Ohms.



Speakers:

Mains (3) sets for a total of 6 speakers - Infinity 6912m 6x9 coaxial (rated at 100w RMS/300w Peak).

Subs (2) JL Audio 10" M10IB5-CG-WH (no enclosure needed - infinite baffle design)



Mounting:

The boat came with a structure built in with speakers of the same size as what's going in. There's a wood structure in the bow on the deck/floor containing 4 6x9's facing forward, with the structure also holding the (2) 10" subs facing forward (away from cockpit), in that same structure, close to the deck/floor (not stacked on top).



The 2 remaining 6x9's are mounted in the rear bench seat, facing forward (with the engine behind that rear bench seat).



My goal is just clean, loud sound for the boat occupants, as I'm not trying to entertain the entire Delta or beach.



My initial system was going to be (4) 8.8" JL Audio mains, with the same subs but powered at 200 watts RMS each. That was going to be powered by an 800 JL Audio amp, so 200 watts RMS x 4 (at 4 ohms). At $1,100 for those speakers, I changed it to my current idea above, and changed my plan to Wet Sounds amps, for a reduction of ~$1,000.



Question:

Is this enough power to create clean, loud sound? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!



My current set up is Boston Acoustic Amps, at 55 watts each for the (6) 6x9's, and 300 watts to each sub. I do not know the brand or specs on any of the speakers, but the two amps are Boston Acoustic models GT-24, and a GT-40. They are no longer made.



The sound is not very good, I think it was installed in 2005, the year of the boat.



Thanks!





[Question] Seeking Input On Proposed Sereo System

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire