Cav plate

jeudi 23 octobre 2014

Being new to flat bottom boats, I have a question about the boat I just bought (1975 Kindsvater 19 foot). The cav plate on mine has "no" split in the middle of the plate, it's a solid plate clear across. The boat builder (Harold) was stunned to hear there wasn't a split and told me to get a sawzall and cut it a blades width right down the center to just before the transom. I've looked at all the flat bottom pics on this site that show cav plates and from what I can see, all of them have the split. The gentleman I bought it from says that's how he got it and never questioned it. My question, why is this plate not spit? I'm thinking it should be split especially since the builder says to, but before I start cutting it, I thought maybe I could get some input from you guys as to any reason why it would be a solid plate. By the way, it has the dual pedal system. Thanks!





Cav plate

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire