Fuel system fittings, AN, JIC, hard line vs. hose, flare nuts 'n sleeves vs. ferrell

dimanche 12 octobre 2014

Hey guy, I'm planning out a fuel system for an upcoming build and want to use hard line wherever possible. I haven't had a lot of experience with AN fittings in general and the little I do was 15+ years ago. So I'm looking to get some feed back on your experience.



Are hard line connections any more/less prone to leaks?

Are AN & JIC (both 37º flare) connections interchangeable, do they fit properly together?

Any preference between flared hard line with nuts & sleeves and/or straight with a compressible ferrell?

Anyone prefer using hose and avoid hard line for any reason?

Any tips/tricks I need to be aware of?



Anything I forgot to ask? Foreseeable issues/problems/hurdles?



The application is cam drive mechanical fuel pump and EFI. Pressures ranging from 50-70psi on the high pressure side, and as little restriction as possible on the low pressure side of the pump/regulator. Primarily -8 and -10 fittings.



Want to avoid as many headaches and surprises as possible. And spend no mare than I have to, these little things add up quick!



Any input is highly appreciated. :))THumbsUp





Fuel system fittings, AN, JIC, hard line vs. hose, flare nuts 'n sleeves vs. ferrell

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire