Controlling porpoise with down pedal and setup

jeudi 18 décembre 2014

I'll start by saying, this is my first time around learning to drive and set up a vdrive. I have no problem doing the "trial and error" thing to learn to launch a boat. But when it starts to porpoise at 60mph+, I want to figure out safely how to deal with it. Basically, I know my boat can be set up to not hop around at speed. Ha, I just don't know how to do it. For now, I can keep it stable by using what seems to me like a lot of down pedal. About the time she starts to take a set, it starts to porpoise, which I've read is fairly typical (until time is put in to the setup). I'm looking to be able to run around the 90 mph mark without being on the down pedal and plowing with the nose.



I know all this won't happen over night. For now my plan is seat time, seat time, seat time, seat time. Just don't want to get spit out learning WTF I'm doing. I'll list as much info as I can about what I have. If anyone has any questions or suggestions on how to get this thing to settle down, please throw 'em out there. Thanks.



19' Sanger Family Ski

Stock 427 BBC (guessing around 375-400 hp)

10* Casale Box (with whirl away & 9% gears)

Don't know shaft angle

11 3/8 X 16 prop

Motor is 31" from transom

Vdrive is 97" from transom

Back of strut barrel is 25" in front of end of plates

Plates stick out 10" off back of boat





Controlling porpoise with down pedal and setup

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire