[Question] Best upgrade for Bravo 1 for big HP?

samedi 6 décembre 2014

So I am well on the road to some proper horse power with my 29 Scarab from the single engine twin turbo Mercruiser BBC 502 but in my pursuit I have very quickly overshot the capabilities of my Bravo One and need to make a plan to either rebuild the drive or replace it for something beefier. I have been trawling the forums trying to educate myself but many threads are old and suggested companies which no longer appear to exist and those that everyone raves about that cost $25k (based on the value of my boat) they are out for me.

So now I am trying to find the balancing point between Power/Drive/Money

At the minute I can limit the engine to 500 BHP (not really going to happen) and treat my Bravo One like a baby (I'd try). Or there seems to be an upgrade kit for the Bravo One using the XR gears so firstly where would that realistically bring me to power wise? and secondly where do I get the best bang for my buck? and more importantly would that hold 650 bhp? The fact that the horsepower is only a pound or two extra boost will make it only too easy for me to increase power :)devil so If I did want to run 750 or even 1000 bhp whats my best course of action from the point of value and also easy installation for the existing transom etc. Ultimately I feel a 75-80 mph boat is where I would be happy.



Guidance from the knowledgeable greatly appreciated :)





[Question] Best upgrade for Bravo 1 for big HP?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire