Powerglide - driveshaft question

mercredi 17 décembre 2014

May be a silly question, but I can't find a silly answer.



19.5' v-drive with a short powerglide. My driveshaft is super-short with a single u-joint, and when the prop is spinning slow I can physically watch the trans shimmy side to side by a 1/16th or so, and feel a vibration. I reset the motor to address the alignment, no difference. I checked the runout on the v-drive shaft and coupler, all good. Checked the runout on the driveshaft, all good. I'm assuming the hull is moving around by a CH in the water or on the trailer causing the misalignment.



seems to me that a double u-joint is in order to allow for misalignment, but it will mean moving my motor back by an inch to an inch and a half to accommodate.



Am am I going down the wrong path here? I calculate that I will need 6.75" between the v-drive flange and the face of the transmission to accommodate a double joint.





Powerglide - driveshaft question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire