New guy with first I/O.......................Galaxie Day Cruiser

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Hi all,

I jut bought myself what I hope turns out to be an ok use of my money. It is a 1978 Galaxie day cruiser from what the title says but when I do a search online at iBoats they say it ha to be a 1979 model. Now I can't find hardley anything on Galaxie Boats of CA. Haven't found what model name I have or anything like that. The boat is going to need a complete new interior and then maybe a rebuild on the engine. I don't know about the OMC outdrive either as this is my first I/O I have had outboards on all my boats before this. It looks like everything is there on the outdrive other than the broken tilt/trim gear. I've got to finish cleaning out the boat and then I can go from there on the engine. I do need to drain the oil from the engine since it has water in it. The engine is missing the distributor so of course water and other junk has fallen down into the engine. I am wondering at this point if it might just be better to pull the engine and tear it down plus have it checked for sizing and wear. Then if needed I can install oversized pistons, or bearings plus new rings. Then slap it back together and go play. Well as long as it floats and doesn't need anything else.



So here are some shots of what I'm working with,















The good things about it are? Hull is in great shape, no holes that I have found yet. Very little damage to fiberglass on nose. The trailer is in great shape also just missing on clearance light. The engine is a 351 Marine engine from Ford so shouldn't have any issues finding parts for it or rebuilding it when and if the time comes.



Does anyone know of a good shop in the PNW that does boat interiors? I found West Coast Marine interiors but they are in southern CA and I am in central WA.





New guy with first I/O.......................Galaxie Day Cruiser

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire