Polyurethane vs. Gelcoat

lundi 30 mars 2015

The paint job on my boat has been damaed by fuel spills. If that was the only problem a spot repair would be possibility. Unfortunately there are many other problems in the paint job that can only be corrected by a complete refnish. The question is: finish with polyurethane or gelcoat? The gelcoat wil be fuel proof, but if I go with paint the gaphics could be more elaborate. I want to have the boat painted to period correct graphics for a '78 Sanger ski hydro. The boat will be used as a weeked hot boat, not show boat, so a hand sanded and buffed clear polyurethane top coat is not neessary.



Right now, I would go with the gelcoat color and gelcoat clear top coat. I haven't talked with a painter yet, but most of the boats I see on this website appear to be painted rather than gelcoated, so there must be a reason.



Please expain...



Thanks,





Polyurethane vs. Gelcoat

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire