timing question?

mercredi 25 mars 2015

I finally got the motor running, but now I have a timing problem, when at idle the timing mark on the harmonic balancer is straight up, right under the water pump. I have a 454 in the boat now but it used to have a 396, im using the original timing cover (glenwood) its item number 936 I believe on the parts list, im wondering if the timing marks are the same? they sale 3 different type of timing covers for bbc's but this should not have to do with the timing mark right? I am using a Mallory hei dizzy, and I did line it up tdc, pointing at #1 plug, #1 cyl, ,,, when at idle and the timing gun set at 0 - on the dial the marks on the harmonic balancer are straight up , if I turn the dial on the gun to 32 or 34 , the the marks on the balancer line up at tdc on the timing cover, the motor runs good, no back fires , so maybe the springs in the dizzy are to weak and advancing It at idle? just don't want to mess the motor up....trying to post a pic , computer is not letting me , or its just me, probably me





timing question?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire