Valve spring question

lundi 16 mars 2015

I removed a Cop 11-000-9 Bill3et solid roller cam with .772" lift from my blown gas 522 CID engine then installed a Comp 11-694-8 Non-billet cam with less lift (.652"). Brobix heads have Manley Nextek double springs #21424 with1.64" OD. They have 250# closed seat pressure & 670# at full lift of my .652" lift cam. Thus, too much spring pressure for the cam. Comp Cams tech rep said don't go over 500# pressure at full lift & should have closed seat pressure around 170 #. Problem is nobody makes a 1.64" OD spring that has the less pressure that I need. (There are actually some poorer quality "No name" 1.64 springs availableb but my titaniun retainers won't fit with them) The better spring companies all want to sell me 1.55" OD springs, retainers & locators to fix problem, but that costs a lot of money & more hassle. Heads are on the engine in the boat right now. My question is: Can I just remove the inner springs & run the outer spring alone? I tested pressures both closed & at .652 (full open lift for my new cam) & they are basically both perfect with outer spring only. Had 170 closed at my 2.00" installed height & 470# open at my cams .652" lift.





Valve spring question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire