Water On Spark Plugs

samedi 20 septembre 2014

Hey all, was wondering if you guys could shed some light on my situation. Took the boat out this morning for the third time since I have had it and each time has been a pain in the a$$. This boat is a ball buster but I like it so I'm gonna stick with it. So I thought I weeded out all the issues I thought I was having. Thought today would possibly be a good day at the lake but I was wrong. Got to the launch ramp, fired it up real quick before putting it in the water. Ran no longer than three to for seconds. Fired up great.



Dropped it in the water and went for a start, took a little bit but it did start. Idled it to the open water and I noticed even at idle the breathers were smoking pretty good. Gave it some throttle and it wasn't very impressive but it was moving okay I guess. When I would step on it the engine got louder but not faster and the breathers were smoking heavily and spurting out oil and condensation. After about three to four minutes, I felt loss of power. So I limped the boat back to the launch ramp. About 100 yards from the ramp, the motor died and would not start.



Got the boat home and took out the spark plugs. I noticed three out of the four spark plugs on the passenger side of the motor were clean and wet with water. Took off the valve covers and noticed some water and oil mixture in the head tray on the passenger side. Checked the oil, no water in the oil pan. Checked the plugs on the drivers side and they were black as if that side was running rich.



Checked the compression and none of the cylinders had enough compression to even register on the compression tester except the two rear cylinders. That makes sense I guess since the breathers were breathing smoke and oil violently which indicates massive pressure in the crank case most likely from the pressure passing the rings and into the crank case. But where is the water in those three cylinders coming from. Do I have massively bad rings and a blown head gasket?



I guess the real question I have is, does anyone have a good BBC they want to let go at a really reasonable price for a fellow boater in need??? :bangmyhead:





Water On Spark Plugs

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire